So the rules of accepting this award are that I have to share seven things about myself that you may not know, and then nominate other blogs that I think are awesome (unspecified number). Pretty typical rules, and easy peasy.
- I am not the greatest of swimmers. I can hold my own for short distances, but don't expect me to swim very far. Or underwater. I never learned how to hold my breath underwater. Yep. That means I'm an adult nose plugger! Keep your judgment to yourself please.
- I love to dance. I don't mean dance as in out at a bar or dance club grinding up against complete strangers. I mean"choreographed" dancing. When I was younger I had the secret desire to be a dancer, like a backup dancer, or one of the kids from Glee, but without the singing. I can't sing. Something choreographed. I attempted swing dance lessons my first year in college, but only made it to one class. Recently, I have taken a few Zumba classes and am now taking what we call "Progressive Line Dancing" (not country line dancing) and love both. In fact, several people in my class have asked if I have a background in dance, and when I reply, "Not at all!" have said that I'm a natural. It makes me feel good about myself. Especially since most people I know are constantly reminding me of how uncoordinated I am.
- I have a twin sister. (Most of you are probably already aware of this). She's older. By 19 minutes. And she currently lives in Virginia. And she's expecting, due a day after Ben's birthday (how "twin-like" is that?) I miss her.
- When we were younger, (we're talking early elementary school) my twin sister and I were world travelers. Our father was the captain of a cargo ship in the Merchant Marines and sometimes we would travel with him. We've been to Portugal, Holland, and London (possible more). I only remember bits and pieces of London; it was our last trip abroad and happened while we were in second grade.
- I have always had a fascination with anything related to Henry VIII and his six wives, ever since visiting Madam Tussaud's wax museum in London (one of the things I remember). I think it may have been the idea that he could behead a wife without getting into trouble for it that first intrigued me.
- I hate seafood, specifically shellfish; I can tolerate some fish if it doesn't taste too fishy. It's not necessarily the taste of shellfish that gets me, it's the texture. The chewy, spongy, slimy texture. Ew. I can't even think about it. Gross. Blech. Gag.
- It took me over 30 minutes to come up with the past 6 things you may not know about me. Seriously. Apparently this wasn't as "easy peasy" as I had originally thought.
Now to pass this along. I'm nominating a few awesome blogs that I have recently discovered and try to read every day:
- Mary at How To: Not Be Awkward
- Shannon at Welcome to the Nut House!
- Tonya from You Asked For It
- Ru from And then she was like blah blah blah
You're up, ladies!