Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tasty Tuesday: The Best Blueberry Muffins

(The muffins won out!)

Muffins are one of my favorite things to bake, and eat! These blueberry muffins are some of the better ones that I have made. The boys really enjoy helping me make these muffins, especially when they get to sprinkle the oats on top. I'm sure that there are probably much better recipes out there, but I'm done looking for them. This recipe is another from the same cookbook that I found "Sam's Favorite Muffins" in. They are originally called "Very Blueberry Whole Wheat Muffins". I like my name better.


The Best Blueberry Muffins

6 tablespoons butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2-1/2 cups blueberries, washed and stems removed

Preheat the oven to 375 and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and stir in the milk and vanilla extract. In another bowl, sift* the dry ingredients. Stir them into the butter and sugar mixture, then fold in the blueberries. Fill the muffin cups almost to the top and bake for 25 minutes, or until light brown. Makes 12 muffins.


Note:  These muffins were made with our fresh blueberries from our blueberry picking experience this past weekend.

*I skip the sifting step and just mix them together.

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the idea, I'm planning on taking the boys blueberry picking next week. Now I have something to make! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @OBG: I knew you would!

    @Laura: You're so welcome! Enjoy the picking! Hopefully they stay at it a little longer than mine did!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...